Friday, April 15, 2005

A Kodak Moment

Wouldn't you know it. Every time I have one of these moments, I never have my camera with me. Grrrr.

I am just walking into the institute when out of the corner of my eye I see something dart away. There is a very big mouse or very small rat eating happily away at some leftover noodles sitting on the side of the road waiting to be picked up by the delivery guy. What???! Delivery guy??!

Yep. Many times when you order food it comes on semi real plates or in semi real bowls. You eat the food and then set it out for whenever the delivery guy comes back around to pick it up. Never thought about the rats and mice though. I hope they wash those things good. eewww.

Back to the mouse. For a mouse, this thing was huge. It's tail was at least 6 inches long, and it's body was about 5. Big mouse! So, I see this thing scurry away, and I peek my head around the corner of the building, and there he/she is. Eating quite happily on the noodle. If it was quiet, I bet I could have heard it slurping the noodle. After all it is a Korean mouse right? :-P

The little mouse looks at me and continues eating away, not really being alarmed at all. So I decide to have a little fun and do an experiment. When I take a step toward this little creature, it runs under the car peeking out from behind the tire as it munches away.

Ok, I'll just position myself right next to the leftover food and see what it does. Sure enough, the little thing comes back for more. Wouldn't you? Those noodles are yummy, though I wouldn't eat them off the side of the road. :-)

The mouse comes up to the dish, looks up at me, goes to the back side of the dish and sniffs at my foot, looks around, sniffs some more, the whole time doing the little mousy dance that they do, and goes back in the bowl for seconds, or 5ths what ever the case may be.

It was too funny. I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture of that mouse right next to the front of my shoe. It would have been a great shot. I can see it in my head, the lighting and all, but alas, I'm the only one who can enjoy it. :-(

When I told my students about the funny thing that just happened to me, you guessed it, they did the same thing that many of you just did. Eewwww!, skreetch, wriggle, jump back, "I hate mice", and all that rot. Just like north americans. They were girls by the way. The boys were semi listening and had little reaction. I wonder where the girls learned to fear and dread mice from? What do you think mothers of the world?

My two nieces are terrified of spiders, or were I should say, until I got ahold of them and showed them that their mother has a few problems in the head when it comes to spiders. Of course, my sister gets it honestly, because, as you guessed it, my mother has the same disease. My dad is also much in the same way, but he doesn't let on. Sorry dad. He just kills em quick. lol He's gotten much better over the many years. Oh, uh few years. I think he's going to squash me now! ha

Any way, I'm not a big fan of them either when they are crawling on me, and I honestly did get a bit concerned when that mouse came up to me with little concern. I thought it was going to crawl right up my leg. At that point, I think all fascination would have been lost. I have to say though, that I find spiders and other things very fascinating. I like to poke at their webs and see if I can get them to move like I was a bug. They usually just run away and hide. Stupid spiders.

Well, that was my Kodak moment. How would you like to be the guy who invented Kodak? Nice.

Me

1 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that's too funy, lol, little chuckle, I guess at least they were there to miss the opportunities offered them. It's so hard, when to diversify, when not to. I have to make those kinds of decisions every day. Ha! I wish. Hey, I bet now would be a good time to buy kodak stock. If they have been missing things and not in the digital revolution, maybe their stock is down. Hmm... anyone know how I can buy stock. I've been doing some reading on stocks, now I need to buy. There is so much about stocks that I don't know. Yikes! I'm looking into some of the onlin companies. I need a good price on per transaction. :-) Rat race, here I go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home